Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Create vs. Appreciate

Remember the moment when you start making assessment of your preoccupations and trying to align them to your own set of values…

Lately I have found myself indulged in good movies, not feel-good ones, mind, but great movies that can make me want to be in it. Good books variably take most of my time these days, too. For a brief rousing moment, it dawned on me that what I have been doing is merely appreciating someone else’s work!

I am no different to a reporter who makes it her business to tell about the story of other people instead of being the story herself. Rather than being the initiator I tolerated myself being a mere spectator. A mortal sin. This is how I would normally react or view the situation when I’m not behaving oddly.

With this awakening yet lacking the luxury of time I have at least managed to materialize what I call my life logo.


(hazy effect is necessary)

Do, not watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment